Monday, October 15, 2007

This is why I am here!

We have many praises this week - I just am in awe of how God has been moving in Tlaxiaco.

This past week, Dan's friend, A. turned his life over to the Lord. A. has had so many people sowing into his life in the past year - a Missionary Training School (MTS) student last year, Justin, befriended him and spent a lot of time with him, our Church Planting Team (CPT) has also really spoke into his life, and now another MTS student, Nick, made friends with him and led him to the Lord a few nights ago. A. was baptized last night! It is so awesome!




Another amazing thing happened yesterday. My friend, S., who was my language tutor last year, also was baptized. She was saved last March, and then has had a rough few months. She came over yesterday and I told her about A.'s baptism, and told her that she should also get baptized (sort of in a joking way because I didn't want her feeling pressured). She said she was interested in it, and we talked a lot about it, and she decided she wanted to do it yesterday, too. I am so absolutely thrilled that God allowed me to speak into S.'s life! She told me on the way to the baptism that she had prayed the night before that God would allow her a new beginning, that she needed His help and guidance. Seve felt that this was an answer to her prayer. Afterwards, she just kept saying how happy she was. Glory to God! I can not praise Him enough for what He has done for S. and for the plans He has for her. She is such a precious friend to me, and I just am so excited for her. We are going to start studying the bible together each Sunday. S.'s mom isn't very happy that S. is a Christian - so please pray that S. will hold on to Jesus with all of her strength, and that as God molds her and guides her, her mom will see the difference in her life.




As you can see from the pictures, most of the "gringos" at the base joined us for the baptism. It was the first baptism here since the beginning of school and no one wanted to miss out!

Just a few days before all of this, I had been listening to some of the students talking about what God is doing in their life, all of the contacts their making, and the spiritual conversations that they are getting into with some of the locals here. I was thinking that I can't do as much as them because I am a full-time wife, mom, and homeschool teacher, and I have to admit, I felt somehow less important than them. I felt that I didn't have much to contribute to the people of Tlaxiaco (especially because I often feel lacking in the necessary Spanish skills).

And then, God showed me His incredible mercy and love! He used me to encourage S. about God's faithfulness and His love for her. I praise God that He can use broken vessels such as myself. He is so good and so amazing!!

No comments: