Monday, October 8, 2007

Well! I have decided to join the wave of bloggers out there with hopes that this will keep my family, friends, and supporters better informed and involved in our lives. I will try to keep this site updated as best as I can - I really don't want to be one of those people who begin a blog, but then never update it. :)

Today, Lizzy turned 4 years old. I can't believe my baby is 4! Dan and I were remembering when Lizzy was a baby and we were enduring sleepless nights, we used to say, "when Lizzy is 4, Zach is 6, and Sam is 8, it will be so much easier". Well... that is true in the sense that we usually have nights of uninterrupted sleep and less crying (for the most part), but now the kids are harder in the sense of knowing exactly how to handle their stronger personalities and sinful choices. As they grow more and more independent, it's a new world for me. I no longer have a child at my feet or in my arms while I am doing dishes, making dinner, going to the bathroom, etc. There's a little part of me that misses being the center of all they do, but it is also really cool to see them branch out and grow into who God is developing them to be. It's really neat to see how self-confident Sam is at his age. He doesn't have any fears of talking to adults or trying out his Spanish on our neighbors. I was so completely different than that as I child! You couldn't pay me to talk to my friends' parents. It is so fun thinking about who these children are going to be when they grow up.


Here are some pictures from Lizzy's birthday:

No comments: